- Benagil Cliffs - Carvoeiro - Portugal
- Landscape, Build from scratch
- Size of plot:
- 480 m2
- ground soil, natural stone, artificial grass, small pool with pump, timber decking, led light system, geotextile, river-stones
Cozy and incredibly smart comes this petit Benagil cliff garden. Overwhelming pleasing, it overlooks the bright blue of Algarve Atlantic entirely.
This Benagil cliff garden concept has recognition value: with two advantages. Firstly, creating an environment that will please paying holidaymakers throughout the year. While secondly enjoying as the owner a view weeks for personal use. Further, as water is a scarce recourse, the client’s wish is to maintain the irrigation low, just like the gardening.
Here we are going to outlay the garden construction process step by step:
- Land clearance and leveling the floor-area with heavy-duty equipment.
- The installation of natural stones for the decorative property line is in concrete construction.
- The round above ground pool with a pump we install strategically, over-seeing the Atlantic.
- With the installation of timber decking, the garden acts as an ultimate eye-catcher and comes across more elegantly.
- To nourish the plant’s vegetation and bring growth in the earth, we put quality compost soil into the topsoil.
- Two steps are next for an artificial lawn, installing a base beforehand and then the artificial lawn roll-out.
- Planting water-resistant and highly decorative rich fauna such as phormium, gaura, and the olive tree. Wisteria & jasmine climber along the rocks. Bird-of-paradise, gaura, and lavender around the Pool. Finally, white oleander hedge, Tulbaghia, and Stipa grass. Plus, even edible kitchen herbs.
- To make things easier, the installation of a fully automatic irrigation system waters the plants.
- An absolute highlight at night is the installation of an accentuating led light system!
- Geotextile is permeable to water and serves as a building material to protect against erosion and weed growth.
- Lastly, to preserve and finish-off the soil, we install river stones as a groundcover.